Friday, January 9, 2009

Love Is A Beautiful Thing

It truly is amazing how you can love someone so little so much! I knew that I would love Parker more than anything, but until you see your child for the first time you can't fully understand the feeling. It is overwhelming and yet somehow it grows every day! Who am I kidding??? For me the feeling grows every minute! I love being home with him all the time, and getting to just watch him play and laugh. I love his little noises and grunts! When I met Travis, I didn't know that deep of a love even existed, and now that Parker has joined our family, I have gotten to experience an even deeper love than that. It is the kind of love that makes you act like a total fool and not even care or give it a second thought. It doesn't even matter how stupid or ridiculous you look, as long as you get to hear the sweetest sound on earth--your baby's giggle! Sometimes when I am playing with Parker or having one of those conversations that only Mommies have with their babies (full of noises, laughs, smiles, and funny faces) I look up and see Travis' face...it is priceless! He is always giving me this face that seems to say, "I love you so much but you are acting like a crazy person!"
Parker has these amazingly deep and clear blue eyes. There is not even a speck of brown or any other color in them, so we are pretty sure that they are not going to change. He has this ability to totally melt my heart with one little look. I find myself wondering what he is going to be like in the future, not even as a little boy, but as a grown man. I hope that he is so respectful, caring, and full of life. I really pray that he gets Travis' sense of humor! As soon as he is old enough to understand, I plan on showing him and teaching him the "ladies first" way of life! I feel like you just don't see it enough these days. I would like Parker to be one of those rare high school boys that opens doors for girls. I can't wait for him to start talking...I know I say that now, but when he starts, I know that he won't stop! I hope he says hilarious things like my nephew Caleb! You never know what will come out of his little mouth...or big mouth, depending on the day!
I am curious who Parker will look like after a year or two. I know that when he was born he looked just like Trav. Now that he has grown up a little bit over the last 3 months, depending on the picture, he looks a lot like my nephews. I even found one picture of him where he looked like my sister!
I'm sure you have probably had enough of my rambling of just how much I love this little boy...but I just can't contain myself! Look at that little face, how could you not fall head-over-heels for that sweet smile??? I always knew that I would love being a mom so much...but this much was beyond my wildest dreams! I would do anything for those baby blue eyes! Travis is going to have to be the disciplinarian, because I know that I am going to be a total push-over for my little Parker James!

No comments: