Thursday, October 2, 2008

I AM TRULY BLESSED!

There are those times when you are feeling pretty down when you really realize how blessed and lucky you really are!

For those of you who I talk to on a regular basis--you know that I have been getting more and more skeptical about Parker's arrival date as time goes on. At the beginning, I was thinking that he would make his appearance early (sometime at the very end of September or beginning of October). The more uncomfortable I get, the more I think that he is going to show his face a week or so after his due date!!! Ugh!!! On top of all of that--I just found out that my DR. is on a hunting trip until October 13th...ummm...I'm pretty sure my due date is the 14th, but okay! Poor Travis has had to bare the brunt of my whining and moping and for this I feel so terrible.

Even with all of my whining, my amazing husband made my 24th birthday (which I was actually not looking forward to at all) so wonderful. He took me to get my hair cut...I have been wanting it done for months now! After sitting there patiently and waiting for me to get done (for anyone who knows Trav...this was a miracle!!!) he took me out to dinner at my favorite place--Tomato Street. Not only did he take me to dinner, but he surprised me by making sure that our friends Gabe & Krystal were there to share my special day with me. On top of a wonderful husband and a wonderful surprise of friends at dinner, my best friend Ashley sent me flowers...I can't remember the last time a delivery person showed up at the door with flowers...and not baby furniture!

Last, but certainly not least, my family knows the best ways to cheer me up! My sister Sara, who is totally blog obsessed, gave me a little birthday tribute on her blog with pictures that really brought back memories. My parents, sister, and nephews are coming up tomorrow to take me to dinner, too! I can't wait!

My birthday was so amazing and I don't remember having the "Ugh...I'm still pregnant" feeling all day! That is a blessing in itself. I thank the Lord everyday for the blessings in my life and all the people around me that make it truly worth living. Thanks to all--for everything!

1 comment:

PROUD MOMMY said...

Jamie...this is such a sweet posting. Way to be such a sport Trav!